Top Weight Gain Exercises for Females
When it comes to gaining weight, females face the same challenges as others. Hence, this article is dedicated to females gaining weight while working out. Many people focus on weight loss, and some struggle to maintain a healthy and sustainable weight. It’s essential to combine proper nutrition with the right exercises to achieve this goal. In this guide, we’ll explore some of the top weight gain exercises that can help females build muscle and add curves to their bodies.
Top 8 Weight Gain Exercises For Females
Squats are one of the most effective exercises to target your lower body, including glutes and quads. They also engage your core for stability.
Step 1: First, stand with your feet hip-width apart.
Step 2: Keep your chest up and back straight, and look forward.
Step 3: Bend your knees and then lower your body as if you’re sitting on a chair.
Step 4: Now, push through your heels to return to your initial position.
Deadlifts primarily work your glutes, lower back, and core. They are a powerhouse exercise for strengthening the posterior chain and can add substantial muscle mass to your lower body.
Step 1: Stand on your feet with a hip-width apart and a barbell in front of you.
Step 2: Now, bend at your hips and knees to lower yourself and grasp the bar with an overhand grip.
Step 3: Lift the bar by straightening your hips and knees, then lower it back to the ground.
3. Bench Press
The bench press is a good exercise for building upper body strength and adding muscle to your chest, shoulders, and triceps.
Step 1: Lie on your back on a bench with your feet flat on the floor.
Step 2: Grip the barbell slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
Step 3: Lower the barbell to your chest, then push it back up.
Lunges are also a weight gain exercise to strengthen your legs, and glutes, and improve your balance. They can also help in shaping your lower body.
Step 1: Stand with your feet together.
Step 2: Lower your body by taking a step forward with one leg and bending both knees at a 90-degree angle.
Step 3: Push through your front heel to return to the starting position.
5. Dumbbell Rows
Dumbbell rows are perfect for working for your upper back muscles.
Step 1: Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
Step 2: Bend at the hips and knees, keeping your back straight.
Step 3: Pull the dumbbells to your hips, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
Step 4: Lower the weights back down.
Pull-ups are an effective weight-gain exercise for strengthening the upper body, especially in the back and arms.
Step 1: Hang with a pull-up bar with your palms facing away.
Step 2: Lift your body upwards until your chin is visible over the bar, and then lower yourself down.
7. Hip Thrusts
Hip thrusts specifically target the glutes and are an essential exercise for those looking to enhance their hip posture.
Step 1: Sit on the ground with your upper back against a bench and a barbell across your hips.
Step 2: Roll the barbell over your legs and across your hips.
Step 3: Lift your hips until your body is straight from your shoulders to your knees.
Planks are a great exercise for developing a strong and stable body, which supports your overall posture and balance.
Step 1: Get yourself into a push-up position with your arms straight.
Step 2: Hold your body and ensure that you are in a straight line from head to heels.
What To Eat To Gain Weight Fast
Here, we have listed some food tips that will help you with your weight gain workout plan:
- Lean Proteins: Ensure to include lean protein sources, such as chicken, turkey, fish, tofu, and legumes.
- Complex Carbohydrates: Intake of complex carbohydrates like whole grains, brown rice, oats, and sweet potatoes.
- Healthy Fats: Eat healthy fats from avocados, nuts, seeds, and olive oil.
- Dairy Products: Ensure to have dairy products like milk, yogurt, and cheese as they are full of calories and important nutrients.
- Nuts and Butter: Almonds, peanuts, and nut butter are calorie-dense and packed with healthy fats and protein.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Also, eat lots of fruits and vegetables, like apples, bananas, and berries, to get essential vitamins and minerals.
- Regular Meals and Snacks: Aim for three balanced meals daily with snacks in between to meet your caloric goals consistently.
- Hydration: Remember to stay well-hydrated. Water is essential for overall health and supports digestion.
Why Some Females Struggle To Gain Weight
There could be many reasons that a woman is unable to gain weight. That could be health issues or can be genetic issues. Some of them are:
- Metabolism: Some women have a higher metabolism, which means they burn calories faster. This makes it challenging to consume enough calories to gain weight.
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as hyperthyroidism or gastrointestinal disorders, can affect digestion and nutrient absorption, making it difficult to gain weight.
- Stress and Lifestyle: Stress and a busy lifestyle can reduce appetite and insufficient dietary choices, which hinder weight gain.
- Inadequate Calories: Some females don’t consume enough calories to support weight gain procedures. So, take a good diet and don’t restrict yourself from eating enough food.
Bonus Tips To Gain Weight
- Gradually increase the weight or resistance you use for each exercise to challenge your muscles and stimulate growth.
- A balanced diet with adequate fats, proteins, and other minerals is essential for gaining weight and supporting muscle growth.
- Rest and Recovery: Allow your muscles to recover by getting adequate sleep and avoiding overtraining.
- Consistency is vital, and you should stick to your workout routine and monitor your progress.
- We recommend that if you’re new to weight gain exercises, consider consulting a personal trainer to ensure you’re using proper form and technique to prevent injury.
In today’s world, there are exercises to gain weight for females at home. Gaining weight is possible for every woman with the right combination of weight gain exercises and a healthy, balanced diet. By incorporating the exercises mentioned above into your fitness routine, you can work towards your weight gain. Add nutritious diet intake to your workout plan and regularly consult with your dietician, physician, and workout trainer.